Monday, February 3, 2014

Twittering Around

It is true if you are going to work in the media today, you are going to have to do social media. And I guess there are social norms one must get used to.

I have been on Twitter now for a few years and enjoyed it very much. To me it has been a great way for instantaneous information flow and communication. I have made friends and also lost a few along the way. The way you are you are kicked off someone's Twitter feed is when they block you. You may notice you have heard nothing from that person in a while. You go to their feed and it pops up, You have been blocked form this account at the request of the user.

At that point, you may feel a range of emotions ranging from hurt to anger. Then you think in your mind. at least if you are me, "What did I do to cause this? Or are they having a bad day?" In 3 years, I have been banned 3 times. Following over 330 people, that is less than the statistical margin of error.

The first one was an aviation buff. I sent him a link to the Palm Springs Air Museum. He blocked me. An idiot.

Second one was a good guy who was an announcer. He had some personal issues and I think I was not the only one blocked. But I felt bad for him and hope he works out his demons.

The third one I have no idea why and after this blog, am done with it. Wish this guy well but have no understanding what went on and really could care less.

You may want to know if I have blocked anyone on Twitter. Only 3. You want to guess who?

No comments:

Post a Comment