Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cooking With Gas

Tonight the Palm Springs City Council will debate whether or not food trucks will be allowed in Palm Springs and where they will be placed. Local rumblings in the press seem to indicate that they will be allowed to operate on Palm Canyon Drive up till 9pm.

A one who is a food truck kind of guy, I am wondering how food trucks will be handled by a town that loves to boast how hip and cool it is. I have a tendency to believe that the food trucks that I am used to from the East Coast may not be the same as out here. I can't see Joe's Hot Dogs or Mike's Tacos being allowed. This is Palm Springs.

Taking in mind that equation, I bet the city council passes the following restrictions on food trucks:

  1. Only trendy meals from the Food Network be served.
  2. All truck names must be chic. Example Le Dog de Hot.
  3. A red carpet and VIP standing room is mandatory.
  4. Like never visiting PS Walmart, no elected officials will lower themselves by eating at a truck.
  5. The local paper must have a headline “Not Your Dad's Food Truck.” At least twice a year.
  6. All cooks must be referred as Chef de Mobile, have tattoos and like the Arctic Monkeys.

I think that will do for starters. What really brings me indigestion is the fact a vast majority of people in Palm Springs would actually find my tongue-in-cheek points actually attractive.


I need a Rolaids.

No comments:

Post a Comment