Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Socially Awkward

The communication revolution in the last few years has been remarkable. With just a phone in my hand, I can now chat text and twitter around the world.

I have especially enjoyed Twitter. I have been able to expand both my knowledge and social base. I have made a few friends and gotten in touch with overseas relatives. Feel free to follow me at #skellykptr.

One of the people I followed was a guy who was going through some tough times with the death of his dad. Very good writer and sports journalist. Why he even quoted my tweet on the death of his Dad.

Hadn't seen or heard anything from him in a few weeks on his Twitter feed. So I decided today to check up on him. And then I found out the reason why I hadn't, I was blocked!!

Now in all fairness, this has happened once before. And it was a friend of this guy.

What I was more surprised at was my reaction!! I was mad!! How dare he!! It was like not being picked for a kickball team in second grade.

Now being upset at being blocked on a twitter feed by a guy who lives 6000 miles away and who you will never meet may seem ridiculous. It is. So I did the only mature thing I could. I blocked him. That will show him!! Yeah right.

No comments:

Post a Comment