Friday, September 27, 2013

God BlessTinyTim

In the last few days, I have had to decide about the fate of Tiny Tim. That is a nickname someone has given my 2000 Saturn. Yes a car they no longer make or manufacture. The old kid needed a serious repair. Was it time to say goodbye and purchase a new/used car?

Tiny Tim though is more than just a car. My dad and mom were concerned about me riding the bus to work every day and even though I was over 40, went out and purchased it. It was a great present. (I did pay for more than half of it.) It has served me well in the last 13 years.

Tiny Tim and I have weathered 3 relationships, innumerable trips to LA, the X Games, 3 Rose Bowls, an Angels World Series and trips to Arizona. Not bad. It has been the scene of both heartbreak and triumph.

It took me about a day to realize this. I authorized the repair and next week Tiny Tim and I will begin our 14th year together. You may wonder why I am doing this?

Well maybe it is because I just can't let go!! Maybe I like the car!! Or perhaps every time I get in it, I think of my folks, both gone now in the last 5 years.

Believe I'm going to go with number 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment