Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Your News My Views


Back by popular demand, Your News My Views:

Your News: Classic Rock Show scheduled in the fall at the Polo Grounds in Indio.

My Views: This show could be fun. God knows this is Woodstock for seniors. The line up includes many "mature acts." It is expensive so let us see how the tickets sell. For God's sake, hopefully no panties will be tossed at the stage. If the Rolling Stones play Start Me Up, it may be for a defibrillator.

Your News: Both PS Council member Ginny Foat and PS Mayor Rob Moon selected as Hillary Clinton delegates for the 2016  Democratic Convention.

My Views: Hope they sit next to each other on the trip to Philadelphia. It would a great bonding exercise. Odds of that happening, same as snow in July in Palm Springs.

Your News: Lawsuit charges discrimination and claims children barred from playing outside at apartment complexes.

My Views: As I recently posted, most of this activity took place in Palm Springs and involves lower income Hispanic residents. They have zero political clout in Palm Springs. So far, absolute crickets from the "progressive" leaders of Palm Springs. Have not seen one statement from OnePS. There has been more discussion of the Forever Marilyn Statue than these real life human beings. Is Palm Springs becoming a 1% community?

Your News: Greg Pettis and John Aguilar seek re-election to the Cathedral City council.

My Views: The status quo will remain supreme in Cathedral City. The power block in town will back these 2 100%, although Hispanic residents may be upset at Greg Pettis. He works for Jeff Stone who made some outrageous comments during the Murrrietta stand off 2 years ago.

Your News:  Riverside County spends 44 million dollars on consultants to learn how to save money.

My Views; Face palm. Why is John Benoit given a free pass on this?

Your News: Indian Wells to vote on CV Link

My Views: Surprised Larry Ellison and the big hotels haven't weighed in. One would think they would be in favor of this project. CV Link suffered from a really poor roll out. Its troubles were of its own making.

And finally, I wrote a few weeks ago I was surprised that former PSPOA union head William Hutchinson was selected to be the Palm Springs Police Public Information Officer based on his prior very public disdain for the media. Well it took all of  5 days after that blog for the Palm Springs Police Department to stop sending me releases. Not a big deal because I have other means at my disposal but pettiness thy name is Wi, ah skip it. I don't need a jaywalking ticket. But thanks for being a loyal reader


STeve Kelly can be reached at skelly@rrbroadcasting.com or followed on Twitter at @skellynj








5 comments:

  1. I doubt and "mature" folk will toss panties on stage at Woodstock for Seniors. Depends may be a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What neighborhood is the discrimination occurring in? Not all neighborhoods are active in ONE-PS. Also people are not aware that ONE-PS is a resource to go to because of lack of media and the city in communication. These residents should be knocking on city hall doors as well as community leaders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, the police department recently changed their press release distribution systerm. All releases go out via Nixle now. If you are not receiving press releases, please sign up. https://local.nixle.com/palm-springs-police-department/

      Delete
  3. My only objection, I guess, is to the decision to call it not a "Festival" but a "Trip". Will they be selling the favorite 60's hallucinogenics at the hot-dog booth?

    And as far as the "children not allowed to play outside". I, too was outraged....until I read the rest of the story, as Paul Harvey would have said. Children were not to play on the playground equipment....WITHOUT A PARENT PRESENT. Given the litigious nature of Californians (and their lawyers), perhaps this was not an unreasonable demand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve,
    I was told Greg Pettis doesn't work for Stone any more. Was I lie to?
    Bob Richmond

    ReplyDelete