Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bad Day

Ever have one of those days. This day has been nothing but bad news. The dog next door decided to bark all night. My 15 year old friend who is like a stepson to me had to go the hospital for migraines. Meanwhile work has been a little on the off side. I received some "constructive" criticism and what an oxymoron that it.
Also we are shorthanded for a while and our engineers are working very hard to fix my radio station. They are doing yeoman's work but it is a struggle.

One thing I have learned though is that you can always start your day over. And also to stop thinking about myself. Those firefighters who are showing tremendous courage are heroes! They are not having a good day as they battle the Silver Fire. Dean who is suffering from those migraines is not having a good day. Depending on who you believe, for about 156,000 people worldwide, this is a very bad day because today they die.

I am safe, I am alive and I have a myriad of great friends and supporters. Time for me to take a little break, go home and restart my day. And have a good one for those who can't!!

1 comment:

  1. My morning bicycle ride was not particularly pleasant because of the smoke and air-born particles hitting my face. It left me wondering that if a little smoke and air particles were irritating to me, our firefighters must really take a beating for their own exposure must be at a level I would find practically unbearable. Just more reason to be appreciative of what they do to make us all safer.

    ReplyDelete