Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Night Baseball And Bud Furillo

Some of the pleasures and pitfalls of working in a small media market can be some bizarre hours. This is one of those times. Due to some vacations and other conditions, I find myself board operating tonight's Dodger game vs Tampa Bay. And you know what, it isn't that bad.

I am so impressed by the announce team of Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. Of course Vince Scully is no slouch. Plus right now the Dodgers are playing such phenomenal baseball that it is actually fun right know.Right now they are unbeatable. They are knocking down foes left and right.

Baseball is a game made for radio. You can sit back and listen to the stories and be amazed that it always seems to take 3 hours. Right now I would love to be talking with my old sports mentor Bud Furillo, Bud I think would love Yasil Puig and Clayton Kershaw.

But for all the Dodgers are doing right now, Bud would beckon to me and say quietly, "Kid we need this in September too." Of course the Steamer would be right. He always was.

No comments:

Post a Comment