Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sleep

Why is it the older we bet the harder it is to sleep late. And I am not talking about 2PM like some teenager, I mean 8 O'Clock like normal people. I am aware that my occupation in the media leads to some bizarre times going to bed and waking up. But right now, my body clock is set on 4:30AM.

Last night, I stayed late at work. Home by 10:30P and no need to get up before 7A. Yet 4:30A came around, (I do get up at that time most days.) and up I was. I did fall asleep till 6:30A. But still the annoyance.

On the weekends, it is a little better. I am lucky to get up by 7A. Yes 7A. That is just ridiculous. But I am sure I am not alone. Knew a retired milkman as a kid and he used to get up at 4 no matter what.

I know I should be grateful to have a job to go to at 4:30A. But it couldn't just be a little later?

1 comment:

  1. Searching for my handkerchief in readiness for the tears I'm certain will start cascading down my face. Now where did I put it?

    ReplyDelete